This is an argument that has been going on for millions of years. From the cavemen to the ancient Egyptians, to man’s best friend to an ugly little mischief creature. I am no doubt a dog person, but I’m going to try and make this article as unbiased as possible. Here we go.
I’m going to divide this article into four sections. Pros and cons of dogs, and then pros and cons of cats. Then I will interview a cat person and a dog person.
Pros of dogs:
- They’re variable. They come in all shapes and sizes, with long hair or short hair, with drool or no drool, with sharp senses or dull lumps of fluff.
- They’re born loving. Dogs love people, and will always be happy and sweet unless bred to do harm.
- They’re useful. Cats don’t save people from burning buildings. You don’t see police cats.
- They teach responsibility. A child would never get a cat to show how responsible they are.
As you can see, 4 strong pros for dogs.
Cons of dogs:
- They have no idea of hygiene. They’re dirty and gross, and they bite and drool on people. Plus you have to pick up their poop.
- Their barks are loud and very annoying. Ranging from tiny grating yips to loud woofs.
As you can see, only 2 strong cons for dogs.
Pros of cats:
- They’re calm. Most cats only get crazy when they’re angry, and they sleep around.
- They’re low-key. You only need food and a litter box to have a cat, and they pretty much do their own thing.
- They’re small, and you can pick them up and transport them easily most of the time.
As you can see, unfortunately only 3 strong pros for cats.
Cons of cats:
- They’re untrainable. You can’t teach them anything, they’re dumb.
- They’re selfish nasty creatures. They don’t care about you, they are just using you for food and shelter. Cats cheat on their owners.
- They’re boring. They all look the same except different markings, and they all act the same.
As you can see, 3 very strong cons for cats.
I interviewed a dog person, and this is what I got.
Me: “What do you think about cats?”
F: “I have a cat. He’s an a**hole.”
Me: “Why do you like dogs better?”
F: “If someone wants to fight me, I can sic my dog on him. We’re like *hits chest lightly* this son.”
Then I interviewed a cat person.
Me: “What do you think about dogs?”
L: “They suck. Just kidding. Dogs are cute, but not as cute as cats.”
Me: “Why do you like cats better?”
L: “Cause they’re cuter and nicer. Go away, Leah.”
Obviously, you can see the cat person has a temperament similar to that of cats.
In conclusion, cats are worse. Dogs rule forever.